My Husband and I got to have a Tuesday Date Night last night, with dinner and The Who concert. So much fun watching such an iconic band rock out even after all these years!
Date night is an event when you have a toddler. Time for just us is hard to come by, and while we enjoy every second of being together as a family, we also realllllly enjoy having time as just a couple and a chance to treat ourselves!
My favorite way to glam up my makeup for date night is with false eyelashes. I know that to the un-experienced eyelash user, these may seem too difficult, uncomfortable, and even too gaudy at times. Well, all of this can be true due to poor products or user error. I'll give you my pro-makeup-artist-eyelash-tips here:
- I use Ardell Demi Wispies lashes in black- these babies never fail me. They are fluffy and natural looking without being too much. Plus they are affordable and conveniently located at your local drug store. This picture on the left is a direct link to the bulk packs that save you some $
- Curl your lashes and apply mascara beforehand.
- Measure them against your eye- I usually have to cut the first cluster of lashes off. You don't want them to be poking you in your tear duct, and trimming them will definitely solve that issue.
- Bend the lashes by holding them carefully on each end, and encouraging them to round like they will on your eye.
- Apply the glue that comes with the lashes, then wait for about 30 seconds. This allows the glue to get tacky, and prevents the lashes from sliding around once you apply them.
- I hold the lashes with tweezers when applying them. I first make sure the middle is where I want it on the lid, as close to the lashes as possible. Then I use the tweezers to push down and secure the outside edge and then the inner corner.
I hope this helps demystify lashes for you guys. Add your favorite lipstick and you're lookin hot and ready for date night!!